Spend Analytics Update
Go-Live January 7, 2013
Spend Analytics is a web-based application from a company called Spend Radar (who was recently acquired by SciQuest) that captures system-wide spend data from campus financial systems of record. It will provide Procurement Services (campus and UCOP) with a common system-wide view of the UC procurement environment.
We are implementing the solution to give us meaningful data that includes how much we spend, with whom, by whom, and on what. This information will help us determine where to focus our sourcing efforts in order to create the best value for UC.
Where we are today
Our focus for our January 7, 2013 go-live is to answer the following four questions:
- What are we buying? Commodity, item, good, service, etc.
- Who is buying? Campus, Department
- How are we buying? Purchase Order, P-Card, Non PO, etc.
- Who are we buying from? Supplier
We are currently in the testing phase of developing the Spend Analytics tool for our environment. During the past several weeks, the team has:
- Completed Round 1 Testing
- Begun work on normalization and classification of the two year spend data files into Spend Radar
Spend Analytics Timeline
|Mapping and Data Logic Finalized, 2 Year Data Loaded||
|Normalization and Classification of 2 Year Data||
|Round 2 Testing||
|Training and Go-Live||
For more information, click here for the Town Hall Webinar delivered September 18th, 2012.
Analytics & Reporting Manager, Procurement Services